Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In the Beta!...Sorta

Woo, I got an invite to the closed beta of Warhammer Online! Actually I got it on Tuesday. The problem is I have do DL it through bit torrent which is normally ok, its just that for some reason no matter what ports I open I can't get fast download speeds, at most the download has gone at about 90 KB/s, and oh yeah, the file is just under 10 gigs. Needless to say the download is gonna take a couple days, and the anticipation is killing me, especially because these are my days off.

Anyway, I also picked up Madden 09 over my days off. I'm really impressed with the graphical upgrades they put into it, especially since the graphics last year weren't anything to sneeze at. Game play is pretty good, the new My Skill system is pretty neat, although I think its a little flawed. The tests you take for it seem to over rate your skill because the tests they put you through are way easier than the actual game. I also forgot how pissed off I get at this game when I play it. I don't know what it is, but something about the game just sets me off some times. Its probably because most of the time the game is pretty accurate with how it plays out... Most of the time... Its those times when Willie Parker Breaks six tackles through the middle to run for a touchdown or when a linebacker makes some ridiculous interception that really make me mad.