Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My computer...

As some of you may know, I have been in the process of upgrading my computer. I started because (I thought) that my processor had over heated and I figured if I got a new processor, I might as well go ahead and upgrade the mobo, gpu, and memory as well. So, I went ahead and ordered all my new parts, waited like a kid expecting Christmas morning, eagerly anticipating the arrival of my new toys. When they arrived, I joyfully unpackaged them from their plastic wrapped encasements and began my tinkering. However, as I did this I happened on an interesting discovery. Upon further examination of my motherboard, I found that my four pin power connector had melted itself to my motherboard. It was then that I realized that it was this that my computer had detected overheating not my processor. I wasn't that upset about it at the time, I had been planning to upgrade my computer for awhile anyway, I was just waiting for a reason to do so. None the less, I went on with a will, (that is after I went out and bought a new power supply), deriving much enjoyment out of the connecting and disconnecting, (building computer's is a hobby of mine that I don't get to indulge very often) and then finally I booted up my machine. Everything was going well, BIOS were flashing, Windows were booting, drivers were updating, and then alas, upon a restart of my computer I received an error. Apparently one of my hard drives, my boot drive actually, had become corrupted. So, here I sit, blogging on my girlfriend's new laptop, awaiting my new hard drive and praying for no more problems.